Spiritual Gifts And Ministries
Spiritual gifts (known to Bible students as the charismata) are nine in number, and are marked out from other gifts of God as being uniquely supernatural. Let us briefly define.
1. A word of wisdom is a revelation of the will of God;
2. A word of knowledge is a revelation of God’s knowledge of some event, person or place
3. Faith is supernatural confidence given to meet some special demand
4. Healing is the miraculous deliverance of the sick and maimed
5. Miracles are outstanding acts of divine power
6. Prophecy is inspired utterance
7. Discerning of spirits is supernatural insight into the spirit realm
8. Speaking with tongues is the power to speak in a language not learned and the time not known
9. Interpretation of tongues the divine ability to translate such tongues into the language of those present
There are five ministry gifts of Christ to His Church. These are specially endowed men selected by Him to fulfil a holy calling as ministers of Jesus Christ.
1. The apostle has authority, he is a spiritual statesman, a special legate of God, equipped with power to found and administer churches.
2. The prophet has inspiration, his clear vision ever keeps the church aware of the mind of God.
3. The evangelist is dominated by a passion to rescue men from their sins, his ministry is often accompanied with healings that confirm the word he preaches.
4. The pastor cares for the flock of God, his shepherd-heart reaching out to each sheep and lamb in pure affection.
5. The teacher expounds Bible doctrine with logical clarity, he is a man of the Word.
A greater definition of Spiritual Gifts and the Ministry Gifts is available at our web site"A Place of Prophecy"
Scripture References 1 Corinthians 12:7-10, 28-31; Romans 12:6-8; Ephesians 2:20, 4:7-16; 2 Peter 3:2; Acts 13:1, 15:32, 21:10; Acts 8:5-7, 21:8; 1Peter 5:2-4; Acts 18:24-28; Hebrews 2:3,4.
Previous / Next